Online Shopping Experience

I am in no doubt that the Internet is an amazing thing. It really has revolutionised human life. I wonder what would happen if someone was to accidentally pull the Internet plug from the socket and it all suddenly turned off! I'm sure it would feel like the end of the world.

What is funny is I do actually remember life before the Internet and you know, it feels like life was simpler! Still I wouldn't be without it.

It is scary as well. I find it truly remarkable that I can pick up my phone or tablet device, surf the net or use a dedicated app and order anything I want from anywhere in the world. Some of these apps even accept one click ordering. Select, click, buy and within two days a postman leaves a delivery note to tell me my item is awaiting collection at the depot, 25 miles from my house. WOW!

A well known company that started out selling books, now along with its subsidiaries, sells nearly everything, usually for cheaper than the high street. It is my favourite site. You can literally find anything on it.

Recently the aforementioned company has been plagued by the selling of fake goods which have been reviewed by hoax reviewers. Now, I find some of these reviews hilarious but I shouldn't laugh as honest consumers may well have been misled by some of the things have been written, although from some of the examples I have found it would serve them right!

For instance some of you readers might want to get your hands on some Star Wars memorabilia. A stylish jacket (with ceremonial medal).

Now read the review...

Paul Ross is a celebrity whose biggest claim to fame is being the brother of Jonathan Ross; who in turn's biggest claim to fame is being rude to the waiter from Fawlty Towers. Well it seems that one company has found a niche market of Ross fans and is fast producing products of varying success.

 

 

These products cause a problem for the consumer, "I might really want them but are they real?" No offence to Mr Paul Ross, I'm sure that tea tastes great from a mug with his mug plastered all over it but why would there be any demand for it? This must be a fake product? Mustn't it?

One sure-fire fake product must be uranium ore in a tin. Just crazy...I wonder if anyone has truly tried to purchase it? One review makes good reading.

I think that I will continue to shop for more conventional items, although some purchases that I have made online over the last 12months include a rather realistic reproduction animal, Jenson's and Lewis's 2011 Formula 1 cars, a pirate ship (that is not for real water), some sweetcorn plants and some indoor sparklers.

Sounds like an interesting evening, as long as I can get down to the post office to pick up the missed deliveries!!!


All pictures in this post have been taken from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?