TGIF

There is something different about Friday's. Something special. When I awake on a Friday it is usually to a happier outlook. The week is nearly done and the weekend is ahead. Friday is without doubt my favourite day of the week.

Personally I treat Friday evening as part of the weekend, probably to compensate for the feeling that I get on a Sunday evening, which in my mind I consider as part of the next working week.

I think that Sunday feeling comes from my childhood, whenever I hear the theme tunes of All Creatures Great and Small, Antiques Roadshow and Songs of Praise I think of homework, school uniform and packing the school bag ready to run for the bus the next morning.

http://bachiles.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/wohoo_its_friday.gif?w=217


I find that if you do something special on a Friday evening, especially if it is straight from work then the weekend feels twice as long, this is just one example of something that makes Friday magic.


Some workplaces dress down on a Friday, not mine, but no matter. I have always wondered if dress down Friday is as productive as a normal 'dress up' Monday to Thursday. I'm sure some big companies have spent millions of pounds on time and motion studies to discover the answer to this specific question. Well of course they have! Click here if you are interested.

One of the best things about Friday is the drive to work, it is so much quieter. I guess many part time workers take Friday off resulting in less traffic, helping to boost my Friday feeling.

This Friday is even more special, it is the end of the month, pay day.

Go out and do something special tonight. And if you can't go out, order in, treat yourself, you deserve it. Tomorrow's Saturday.

Happy Friday everyone.

http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/casual_friday.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?