It's not just me...is it?

Today I was in a meeting with my colleagues and the presenter of the meeting made an innocent comment. My mind turned that comment around and shamefully made it into a smutty remark. 

Luckily I had the self control not to snigger out loud but the double entendre made me smile. I looked up and caught the eye of two of my fellow colleagues and noticed them smiling too. Without any further communication it was clear that they too had had the same thought. I felt that sense of camaraderie that such events give you.


A double entendre is defined by the dictionary on the iPad as "a word or phrase open to two interpretations, one which is often risqué or indecent". I am often amazed by the number of times I find risque meanings in others perfectly innocent remarks. I think my mind just works like that. It keeps me amused though.

I did a little Internet search for some amusing examples of double entendres that have been aired by British broadcasters, here's some examples of what I have found;

Michael Buerk, as he watched Phillippa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage:

"They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts."

Jack Burnicle was talking about Colin Edwards' tyre choice on World Superbike racing:

"Colin had a hard on in practice earlier, and I bet he wishes he had a hard on now."

James Allen interviewing Ralf Schumacher at a Grand Prix, asked:

"What does it feel like being rammed up the backside by Barrichello?"

Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open (an old favourite):

"Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."

Is it just me...or have some of the rest of you got smutty minds too?

Comments

  1. not just you

    this was recorded last year for comic relief

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sqf04E3chE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous, thank you very funny. Got to love that innuendo bingo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Innuendo.. isn't that an Italian suppository?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I think women and seamen don't mix". - Marge in the Simpsons
    Hee hee hee, but will husband no. 3 agree. ?????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?