White Van Man

Yet another frustrating drive to work this morning unfortunately caused by a fatal crash resulting in the closure of the motorway. My thoughts go out to the families and friends of the people involved.

What I found most frustrating this morning was the interactions, I use interactions in the loosest possible sense, with men driving white vans. I realise that what I am about to say might be a generalisation or stereotyping but today I think it is truly justified.

At some busy traffic lights I stopped just before the box junction, not entering it as the exit was not clear. Immediately from the side road a man, texting on his mobile and driving a white builders van pushed his way in front. He didn't even acknowledge me. He just pushed his way in assuming the road was his.

A few minutes later I was on the slip road trying to join a near stationary motorway. I had been inching along indicating and caught the eye of the driver of the next car. It happened to be another white van. The guy driving it literally shook his head and moved forward preventing me from joining the lane, how rude, thanks a bunch!!!

http://www.sirc.org/publik/wvm_pic1.GIF

Finally I was severely cut up by yet another big white van as it pulled in front of me without indicating on the approach to another roundabout. The an filling the safe distance between me and the car in front causing me to brake heavily.

I like to think I'm quite a considerate driver and I do like to think that other people drive with the same consideration. I guess that's not always the case and these people who have to drive for a living need to get to places quick. But that is no excuse for rudeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?