Wrapping up

Less than a week to Christmas, six sleeps I have just been reliably informed, and it is time to wrap those Chrimbo presents. This is a job that I can't say I look forward to terribly much. Truth be told I'm not very good at it. I think I try to buy rectangular gifts so that I can indeed wrap them. Any oddly shaped gifts and I'm stuck.

This is particularly true if the item in question is a cylinder. I get the wrapping of the tube but struggle when it comes to the ends. I never seem to get this quite right. I also dislike having to wrap and big object where the roll of wrapping paper doesn't quite fit around the box and then you have to start the patching exercise.

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/12/couple-wrapping-christmas-gifts-together.jpg


Then there is the tape, don't even get me started. It gets stuck on the wrong place and then rips the paper or the roll falls on the floor and the end magically sticks and you can't find it. When at last it is located the end is stuck so tight that it takes five minutes of fingernail peeling to get it undone. The thing to do is to cut a load of strips and stick them on the table. If you are lucky most won't curl up and stick to the underneath of the table! Some people use double sided tape. I have no idea how they do that. I would definitely end up wrapping myself.

Wish me luck, hopefully no ribbon is required.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?