Is Spring on its way?

I've held off writing this particular blog which as it happens has been the correct thing to do. Every time it appears that the weather might be warming winter has tightened its icy grip once more.

As the latest snow melted away today revealed beneath it were the first glimmers that winter may at last be coming to end. Snowdrops are now in flower and daffodils are growing quickly, their flower buds beginning to swell tempting us with the prospect of their golden blooms.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Galanthus_nivalis.jpg/220px-Galanthus_nivalis.jpg

After the cold wet and dark winter days it will be good to feel the Sun on my face to recharge my batteries. I sincerely hope that the gloom of winter is past.

As spring is nearly upon us my thoughts can turn to my allotment where the miracle of nature becomes a reality. Where some simple, but oh so special, seeds planted in the soil grow into a remarkable plants.

This is the true beauty of spring, it has potential.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?