DIY Shops

I have always found DIY shops quite interesting. They are full of bits and pieces that a few people know quite a lot about and quite a lot of people know very little about.

I am obviously in the second group of people; the majority. If I enter the DIY shop to buy a replacement anything I have to ensure that I have the old/broken object with me, allowing me to match up the part. Most of the aisles are full of products I would never even consider buying because those things require some pretty substantial DIY skills. This includes anything to do with electrical wiring or plumbing. For me these things require a professional touch.

http://imgoneagain.com/images/2007/DSC00033.JPG

I will mainly venture to a DIY shop to buy paint and items treating to simple decorating like paint brushes, rollers and masking tape. I will also buy gardening stuff: grass seed, compost and young plants.

Like many men there is one aisle I like to visit, just to browse mind you. That aisle contains the power tools. In the right hands these shiny items made by the likes of Bosch and Black and Decker look like they could do some serious business. Sadly in my hands they could be very dangerous perhaps resulting in no hands. Still a boy can look can't he?

http://www.katperu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Where-To-Shop-Power-Tools.jpg

By far the most annoying thing about DIY stores though are the queues when you get to the check out. These queues are usually huge. This is partly due to the range of bulky items that people buy which causes a log jam because it takes time to locate the bar code to be scanned. In my opinion it is also due to the lack of tills that are in operation, probably because the staff are generally clearing up after accidents in the power tool aisle.

Today I visited a DIY store and I bought wood. This is a rare occurrence for me but I bought it all the same. And now my allotment has nice tidy beds. I even used a saw today, maybe it is time to buy a cordless power tool...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

Are you are crunchy nut?