Missed Call

It's not that often that my mobile rings. Most of the time my friends and family communicate by text, and fairly infrequently does my phone actually ring.

However, recently I have received some phone calls. The number displayed on the phones screen is one that my phone doesn't recognised; not being assigned to anyone in my address book.

http://www.sligotoday.ie/images/1359444738.jpg

I answer the call, say hello and then there is a long noticeable pause. Then the message starts, "this is an automated message concerning a PPI that you have been missold." This happens at least twice a week. The initial excitement of getting a phone call quickly melts away as the recorded voice speaks.

I hate this kind of crass marketing and opportunistic rubbish. I've never had a PPI sold to me so how can I make a claim? Obviously my number has made it to a computer list and the computer just keeps dialling hoping that I will bite.

Yesterday I received a phone call from my broadband provider. It was a real person but her sales technique was appalling. She wasn't even trying and I was irritated by the time she asked to speak to Mr Ed Vogue. I politely explained that I wasn't interested in what she had to offer and put the phone down.

I have never bought something from someone who has called me or someone cold selling on my doorstep. And I won't. So if any telesales, marketing type people are reading this, don't bother me. You will not be welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?