Simply Quackers

Redcurrant jelly is usually a condiment that finds its way to the dining table when Roast Lamb is on the menu. I think it is delicious when served with moist pink lamb and mint sauce.

But today I made a chance discovery. The pot of the redcurrant jelly sitting on the table had a label that clearly stated that this particular jelly was perfect on chicken. Now chicken was what was being served so I decided to give it a go.

http://0.tqn.com/d/frenchfood/1/I/5/A/-/-/redcurrantjelly2.jpg

I took a teaspoon on the clear red coloured jelly and smeared it on to the meat. I then took a bite to savour the flavour. Wow. I discovered that the flavour was transformed.

The chicken now tasted like duck. Duck. The chicken had taken on a more gamey flavour and even the texture appeared to have changed.

This is something everyone should try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?