Talent is born

Everyday I get a chance to work alongside people who have amazing talents. Sometimes those talents are obvious, sometimes a little more hidden.Today I had the privilege to watch a number of young men and women showcase their amazing musical talent.

 

They stood on stage and performed hits by the Buzzcocks, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Animals to name a few and they were tremendous. What was even more enjoyable to watch was how much fun they were having during their performance. It was fabulous.

 

I have to admit to feeling a touch of envy, these guys and gals have got the whole of their lives ahead of them and just seemed to be having a really great time. It was the first time that I felt a bit old and made me regret that I never learned to play the guitar when I was eighteen.

 

This made me think about talent. I truly believe that everyone is talented in their own way. Maybe the talent, like the band, can be used to entertain, maybe it can be used to educate, maybe it can be used to help ourselves and others live happy and successful lives. It doesn't matter what the talent is; the important thing is that talent is not wasted.

 

Comments

  1. Just as well you are working for a Doctarate of Philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I have no talent for spelling!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?