Losing a dress size

Today my thoughts have turned to dieting. The summer holidays are fast approaching and I might want to spend some time at the beach, or in a pool, or if the temperature gets really hot I might even walk down the street with my t-shirt tied around my waist drinking a can of Tennants! To do this though I feel I need to lose a bit of weight. Now, I am not particularly overweight, but I fear my BMI has been creeping up since Easter. I blame this on chocolate eggs, my birthday, a holiday in France with lots of Camembert, bread and wine, baking and of course Father's day chocolates. It is time to act. The cupboards and freezer are now bare of the delicious but fattening foods and I can now get myself in the diet zone.


In the past I have used weight watchers as a good way of losing weight. Counting points helped me to focus on the plan and it worked. My favourite diet though is a high carb, low fat cereal diet devised by a trusted

The slogan; two bowls, two weeks and two meals etc. sounds simple and it really is. Two of the meals everyday need no preparation and the third just needs to be healthy. Great...easy...just one problem...you lose a dress size!

Now, I don't know much about dress sizes, well not on weekdays anyway. All I know is that they go up on an even scale and if a woman ever asks you what her dress size is you must absolutely take 4 off whatever number you were thinking of. Additionally a size 16 in one high street store is an 18 in another.


In the past the Special K diet really worked for me and after two weeks the weight had fallen off. "Is it boring?"' I hear you ask. No, not at all there are so many different flavours and it doesn't seem to matter which one you eat.

So, today I turned to the faithful box of cereal, I cheated adding some raspberries to my lunch bowl, although to be fair I didn't eat it until 3.30pm so I'm not sure if it was lunch or dinner and it was the red berries flavour anyway.

I did some research on the web and have discovered that since I last turned to the weightless programme the manufacturers have been busy. It has now been rebranded a challenge and there are meal plans to ensure the 14 days of the diet are nutritionally sound. Moreover, you now lose a jean size - much much more inclusive.

Will it work, I'll let you know. It must do because in a study done at Loughborough University, volunteers lost up to an inch from their waist and 38% lost a full jeans size after following the diet for the recommended two weeks. Get that 38%!!! That's nearly 2/5's.

 

Comments

  1. Special K is SEVERELY lacking in any nutiritional value!!! Have we had this conversation before lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds a bit icky tbh....lots of sugar and carbs can't be good, can it? If I did that I would bloat and end up heavier.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the healthy weight forum, it is not that bad, as it is short term and is unrestricted so you can eat fruits etc. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem with this sort of diet is it HAS to be very short term or you simply lower your metabolic rate as your body goes into energy conservation mode and your weightloss slows or even stops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?