A tidy plot is a tidy mind

One of the problems the weather has caused me over the last couple of weeks is that the rain has prevented me from keeping my allotment tidy. Until this weekend I was struggling to remember when I had last been over to the plot. I returned yesterday and it was reminiscent of the jungle forests of Mauritius.

http://www.travellersworldwide.com/Images2000/photos-mauritius/mauritius-landscape-2.jpg

The weeds and grass had grown to quite a magnificent height and their flowers were threatening to disperse their pesky seed across the fertile land. The slugs and snails were in abundance and the broad beans had overgrown to large tough beasts.

A lot of hard work was needed and I have spent a number of hours over the last few days on my knees hand weeding. Now - the plot looks in good shape. The bind weed has been controlled the grass has been cut and the cabbages are not competing for light, water and nutrients with unwanted flora.

The red onions and shallots have had a chance to grow and swell and now that I have dug them up there is room on the allotment for another crop; the question is, "What to grow next?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?