An unfamiliar feeling

I took the kids into London today. It was again a gorgeous summer day. Probably a little hot for those ladies in the park (see yesterday's entry) but I thought it was a fantastic day. We walked along the South Embankment from Vauxhall and looking across the Thames to the Houses of Parliament there was not a breath of wind and the old capital city was looking marvellous.
In the busier parts of town you could sense something. Literally an excitement in the air. Finally after seven years since winning the bid the worlds most spectacular sporting event is about to happen and the capital seems to be excited it.

The theme across the city is the Olympics. Every tourist attraction has somehow managed to find a link, for instance the zoo is showcasing the athletic abilities of some of its most popular inmates. On the tube are people here in The UK to support or take part in the games all sporting their 2012 ID cards and corporate sports wear.

Those of you that regularly read my musings will know that I have been slightly ignorant about the Olympics and in particular have ignored for the past seven years the excitement that some have been feeling. But I have to admit that recently my feelings have thawed and I am beginning to feel excited. I am even looking forward to sitting down in front of the TV on Friday to watch the opening ceremony. I'm not ready yet to buy a flag and stick it onto the side of my car, but you never know I might get carried away with all the excitement in the next couple of weeks.

Organising the games is massive a truly massive event. Well done to London for getting it ready and good luck to all our athletes.

Comments

  1. If I can erect a flagpole and fly the Union Flag, Ed should be able to buy a flag for the car!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?