Maybe the bear should have been left bare?

I have never really been good at clothes shopping. I really can't be bothered to find clothes and then try them all on and then spend time making decisions about which one of five pairs of trousers to buy. I expect this stems from learnt behaviour from my father whose sage advice I well remember, "If you can't find a pair of shoes you like in the first shop then go home." This was sound advice and I still try to apply it to all of my clothes shopping.

http://internationaldisplays.co.uk/images2/products/shoeshop_268.jpg

This is in stark contrast to the way many people shop. I well remember shopping trips of old where I sat on a lonely chair outside the changing rooms waiting. After the wait comes the question, the question that no one truly wants to answer, "What do you think?"

To be fair it has been a long time since I have had to wait outside some changing rooms and provide an answer to that enquiry. However, today slightly surreally, that experience came back to me. Whilst out we visited one of those shops where you can choose a teddy bear, fill it with stuffing, name it and then clothe it. Choosing of bears done it was time to select their outfits. This seemed to take much longer than expected. And although there were no changing rooms I found myself seeking out a chair to take up the familiar position as the choices were made.

Two costumes were chosen, and then came the question. I answered, giving my honest opinion, knowing that the final decision was still a few minutes away. Eventually the bear was dressed and we were out of the shop.

Now that we are home the bear isn't even wearing any clothes...it's a bare bear. I feel some time was wasted...

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?