Ouch...maybe I am getting old?

Ok, so I'm getting towards middle age and in Roman times probably would have been considered old but I'm not quite over the hill yet! Today I have felt just a little bit older. My back has been hurting I believe brought on my some high jinx at a party on Friday night. 

I was being sensible; driving so no drinking for me. However, the music plays and a bit of dancing just had to happen. Not Dad dancing mind you, well I don't think so anyway, no, no, no some good dancing; dancing with the beat, flashdance style (of course onlookers may have seen more Dad dancing than I care to recall). Then another partygoer, who had had a bit of flavoured ethanol beverage, decided to jump on my back. In itself this was ok and no damage was done.


 
http://topnews.in/health/files/backpain-backache.jpg
 
The next morning I was innocently bending down to put a saucepan away in the kitchen cupboard and then I felt the twinge of the muscles in my back complaining. No doubt fuelled by my overenthusiastic dance moves and the weight of a grown man. This happens every so often (not the grown man on my back) and it is a reminder that I am not quite as young as I used to be.

I'm quite happy being 40. I actually feel that the age of 40 can be worn like a badge of honour. A milestone reached. I have no desire to be 18 again. The life experiences are too valuable.

I just have to remember that I can't quite do all the things I used to do, my hair is going grey and I can't touch my toes but of course as the saying goes, there is still plenty of life in the old dog yet!

Now, where are those painkillers?

Comments

  1. Grey hair can look very distinguished ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?