Sometimes it's hard to complain...

There seems to be something up with our post. A couple of weeks ago I was expecting the delivery of an important letter. The sender claimed he had sent it and even emailed a scanned copy of the letter with the date of postage included.  

I was also expecting a quote in the post from what I thought was a reputable business man. He told me that he would send the quote the next day, first class. That was a week ago and still it has not arrived. I spoke to the man in question today and he confirmed that he had indeed posted the quote last Friday. True to his word he emailed me the quote straight away with an apology. The thing is...he does not need to apologise. He IS a reputable business man. These two incidents suggest to me something afoot with my local postal service.

 

So today I decided to stake out the postman. When he arrived I confronted him; in a polite middle class way of course. He told me that he was unable to help as he had just returned from a two week holiday. This led me to put two and two together (the two missing envelopes and the two weeks) to make four. Surely the problem lies with the relief postie (who incidentally delivers the post using a car). My regular postman gave me the number of the sorting office so I could ring and make enquiries, I was going to politely raise the possibility that something had gone wrong.

 

It wouldn't be the first time. A few months ago I missed the delivery of a package and duly travelled to the sorting office to collect it. It couldn't be found at the sorting office. After enquiries it transpired that the relief postman had taken the undelivered items home with him. So I had to wait for the next day, another missed delivery and another trip to the sorting office.

 

Today I rang the sorting office, but soon found that I was scuppered by an automated message telling me to ring another number. This I did and then found myself confronted by menu choices. Once I worked my way through the menus I was then told that, "they were experiencing a high volume of calls" etc. Now I am sure that my call is important to them - that's what it said - but obviously not that important as ten minutes later I was still on hold.

 

Finally I spoke to someone, a gentleman who seemed overly concerned for my plight but basically told me that as the letters were not recorded there was not much that could be done. If I hadn't received any post at all over the last couple of weeks, then that would be serious...Basically I would have to get the senders to lodge a complaint if after 15 days the post had not arrived.

 

The phone call ended without the gentleman even asking my name or address. Not very satisfactory at all. Maybe I should go down that sorting office and have it out with them?!?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?