The bath is where I get most of my ideas...

As part of my job I sometimes need to come up with creative ideas. More often than I would like these ideas are judged. Coming up with an innovative approach is usually half the battle and allows for a positive outcome. When faced with a situation like this I like to consider, muse if you like the options before settling on my final decision.

Sometimes like a writer suffering from the dreaded 'block' I struggle for inspiration and need time to think and consider. For that I need peace, quiet and time to relax. If I can find myself in that place then creative ideas start to flow.

http://www.self.com/beauty/blogs/beyondthebeautypages/photo-1.jpg

This is one of the reasons I prefer a bath over a shower. It's not the only reason. I hate showers that are not powerful enough, or where the water is initially cold and then scalding hot or the way a wet cold shower curtain sticks to your back and bare bottom.


Ok, I admit that the bath takes time to run but that gives me time to shave. I also understand that having a bath uses more water than the average shower although there are some studies that say power showers use a comparative amount. But once in the bath as I submerge into the warm bubbly water whatever is happening I find myself relaxed. This is the way I start every morning, it is part of my routine and helps me consider the challenges of the day.

And the best bit, I get clean as well!

Some people have told me that they get their best ideas whilst driving or exercising. I agree that these are good places. However, for me it's the bath every time.

Where do you get your best ideas?

Comments

  1. I get my best ideas in the shower ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. In bed when I should be asleep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?