It's all in the timing.

Speed, I feel the need for speed.

http://axeetech.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/speed_limit-axeetech.jpg

In our modern world we can't wait for things to happen, well I can't anyway. When I have made up my mind that I want something I don't want to wait for the post, or an engineer or some annoying order process where the item will take 6 weeks to be completed.

 

On moving home we needed a new telephone line to be installed. Various companies that relied on the national provider for lines were unable to give me an indication of when an engineer could come and install the line, although it was likely that it would be at least 3 weeks. One company were able to give a date; 7th September!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/pugg-wall-clock__13080_PE040801_S4.jpg

Ok, I could do without the telephone for three weeks, but not the Internet, how would I be able to blog my musings...? So I contacted the cable company and spoke to a very nice gentleman who was slightly apologetic that he could not get my line installed the next day, however he could offer a morning appointment for the day after. Brilliant, this is the type of service I would expect. The engineer phoned this morning to tell me he was on his way and by 9.30 this morning he had installed both the broadband and the telephone.


Therefore I am able to publish my short blog this evening using my brand new fast broadband service.

Now if only buying furniture could be just as quick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?