The Mo Bot

A few years ago I used to run quite a bit. Only 5km and 10km but I ran every other day. In the dark, early morning, early evening. Once I got into this running it was quite an exhilarating thing to do and the endorphins that are released when exercising really is addictive. I recall feeling quite grumpy when I didn't get out to exercise. One particularly snowy and icy day I even ran 5000m on the spot in front of the Wii.

I kinda fell out of running and am now once again fairly unfit. It's tough to get started again. I am not the type of person that maintains stamina so this is quickly lost and I probably couldn't run 500m without having to stop, sit and rest on a park bench.

Tonight though there is some inspiration from Mr Mohammed Farah, surely soon to be Sir Mo Farah. What an athlete. Under a huge amount of pressure he did the double, winning gold in the 5000m to join his gold from last Saturday in the 10000. How exciting, I was literally shouting at the TV screen.

http://telegraph.feedsportal.com/c/32726/f/568303/e/1/s/137d57fa/l/0Li0Btelegraph0O0Cmultimedia0Carchive0C0A18520Cmo0Efarah0I1852831i0Bjpg/mo-farah_1852831i.jpg
I have a few busy days ahead but I think it might be time to dust off my running shoes and get back out on the road, park and woods to get fit and get those endorphins flowing again.
 

Comments

  1. I was on my feet, that last lap. Shouting at the television as though by some miracle my screams of encouragement would be heard by Mo.What an amazing athlete!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?