Apple and Blackberry and Windows, best of friends?

I have written about technology before and how when it works it is great but often little issues, usually to do with incompatibility, make it very frustrating. Today I thought that it was worth another look.  

I like Apple technology. Once they were a small company and well respected as the makers of the Mac and a small player to the massive Microsoft Empire. Then came the iconic iPod. Maybe one of the greatest technological consumer products ever and the Apple grew and grew until it became a powerful giant. Of course now they are huge and now they are the multimillion giant company they have become the hated.

 

Apple had one problem. They could not ignore Windows and other operators because not everything Microsoft was disliked by the consumers. They needed to make sure that it all worked together otherwise why choose Apple.

 

This is exactly where I stand with technology. I want to be able to Bluetooth, wifi even god forbid IR my different technological devices together. They need to be able to seamlessly link together so that a document on my phone will open on my laptop, a presentation produced in PowerPoint can be viewed (without missing fonts) on my iPad and a shared calendar in Outlook will sync with the calendar app on my phone.

 

It is nearly easy. We are nearly there...but not quite.

 

The calendar has proved tricky today. Apparently iOS does not support the syncing of shared calendars the only way to share a calendar is to publish it on the World Wide Web, the phone or iPad can then sync with the Internet published calendar. It takes time to discover these things, google searching and YouTube instruction video watching. It is comforting to know (by looking at the watched count) that at least 43 people in the world must be having he same problems.

 

Apps that help phones and tablets to link to databases wirelessly cause the most problems. Compatibility problems need sorting out or the App crashes or changes to the database are not saved and are therefore lost. In these cases technology can literally make you pull your hair out.

 

My problem is that I want it to work, for me if it doesn't it isn't fit for purpose. I have to try and find a work around or it niggles me. There is always a temporary fix after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?