Deadlines

Time, never enough time. That appears to be the problem. Too much to do and too little time.

Deadlines, I work well to them. I find them useful. A deadline helps me to prioritise what is important. It helps me to sort out a do to list, too be honest deadlines help me to organise my life.

http://www.pacenet.org/tipaday/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/to-do-list.jpg

I often give myself deadlines, just in my head, such as I need to mow the lawn by the end of the day, I need to...by the weekend, I must buy such and such before the end of the month. Nothing too major but it helps.

Then there are the big deadlines that get forced upon you. They come from nowhere and seem to be impossible. These deadlines are chosen by people in charge. These are the deadlines that throw all the planning and organisation into chaos; that turn your life upside down. I hate these.

Then there are the worst sort of deadlines, the ones that are set way in the future, too far off to contemplate. The ones that for what seems like an eternity are at the bottom of the to do list. These are usually significant deadlines. Then all of a sudden they are on top of you, that big task needs to be done and nothing can stand in its way.

Today the second kind of deadline was thrust upon me. However there is the third kind waiting in the wings, I've noticed it. But will I do anything about it before it's too late?

Only time will tell...

 

Comments

  1. To or too?....please check your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone beat me to the 'to' or 'too' thing. You know it's my pet hate! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?