Driving at Night

It's not often that I drive late at night. I like to be tucked up in bed by about 10.15 with a good book. However last night I had cause to be travelling later than usual and I was struck by the number of roadworks and indeed road closures on our nations highways.

Every which way I turned there were flashing lights and red triangles explaining that workman were resurfacing, filling in potholes, fixing lamps, widening, plugging a leaking water main.

Luckily my internal compass let me find my way home without to much bother.

Tonight I have to work late and upon leaving I already know that the road well travelled is closed so I will need to find a different way home...hopefully I won't be too late. I already hear my bed calling.

Picture (http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/transport_streets/roads_pavements/roa_closures.asp)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?