Football, beer and kebabs

Those of you that know Mr Ed Vogue will understand that I do not confirm to the stereotypical blokey bloke. For one I don't really understand football. I have never felt the urge to sit down in front of Match of the Day to relive the 'exciting' highlights as Wolverhampton Wanderers score two goals agains Manchester City after just 3 minutes of play. Additionally I have never had to leave the room at the beginning of the BBC1 sports report on the Saturday news so I don't hear the score. 

I don't knock those people who become transfixed by their team and are visibly distressed when a goal is disallowed or heaven forbid their team loses...I just don't get it.

 

I also don't really get why certain men find it important, nay imperative, to drinks gallons of beer when they go out together, becoming louder, ruder and more likely to cause themselves or others harm. This behaviour will inevitably lead to some kind of blood injury, a kebab with chilli sauce and vomit the next morning.

 

I am also not obsessed by owning a fast car that has somehow been tuned to make it go 5 mph faster or has had a speaker upgrade so the music can be heard on the other side of the motorway. And as mentioned before I am no good at DIY. I also don't have and never want a motorbike, don't have any tattoos and respect the laws of the land.

 

I feel a little uncomfortable in the presence of such people. I can't keep up with the drinking and can only bluff about football for a little while.

 

I realise that I am being a bit controversial today and am doing one of the things I hate other people doing, generalising. I want to point out that I'm not saying that everyone who likes football also drinks excessively and eats kebabs. It's just that group of stereotypical individuals that make me feel uncomfortable. The can behave how they like as long as their behaviour doesn't affect me or anyone else.

 

I just prefer a quieter football free evening, a couple of drinks, some good food, close friends and no kebab.


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?