Grey is the new brown?

A change is happening to me as the weeks go by, imperceptible to many maybe but to me and those close the change is apparent.

Grey hairs are starting to replace my brownish locks. It started a few years ago, just a couple here and there, mostly on my temples, but now the grey hairs are becoming more prominent and as my hair gets longer and requires a cut the grey hairs become a little more unruly and stand out.

But it is in my beard where recently the change has become more obvious. Some of my whiskers, usually black and dare I say it a little bit ginger are being replaced by grey, nay white stubble. These hairs are slightly thicker and seem to grow ever so slightly faster.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind these grey hairs one bit. In fact someone said the other day that I had a touch of silver fox about me! I'm hoping that this greyness will provide me with some gravitas perhaps respect from the younger generation. At the very least I should be able to buy a bottle of wine without being asked for ID!!

There are a few other things I've noticed about grey hairs. They are beginning to turn up in my ears!! What is that about? I go 40 years without having any hairs of any colour growing in my ears and then all of a sudden these little grey ones start sprouting. I find myself desperately trying to pull them out with my fingers but the are so fiddly I have to resort to tweezers. My eyebrows also seem to grow more quickly and thicker.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080815/300.hagman.larry.081508.jpg

I am concerned that in twenty years time I might have eyebrows like Patrick Moore of Larry Hagman.

But I am going to embrace this change and accept the grey hairs, I quite like them. I won't resort to the chemical products to maintain my natural colour. Out with the brown and in with the grey I say!

http://www.ozab.com.au/images/201003/1268457506944453998.jpg

However, I will be plucking my eyebrows, and I might even ask for one of those nose and ear trimmers for Christmas. Maybe too much information?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?