Heating on...

When I walked into work at the beginning of the week I was hit by a wall of warm air. It was a little like stepping off an aeroplane when you land at Faro airport at the beginning of a summer holiday, such a lovely feeling as the warmth encompasses your whole being...

http://www.tripextras.com/files/airports/FAO.jpg

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be good if airlines could turn the air conditioning temperature right down on the flight back so when you step off the aeroplane at a dull and grey Luton it still feels warm and inviting? I would wear a warm jumper for a couple of flying hours or that experience, wouldn't you?

The wall of warmth in my workroom was a little oppressive and unlike the Algarve there was no promise of calamari, piri piri chicken or a cold pint of Stella so the first thing I did was to get on my hands and knees, climb under the desks and turn off the radiators.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SIUCDPsDuPI/AAAAAAAAD4I/SjiFAz72xEU/s800/Fried%2BCalamari%2B500.jpg

It's been fine all week and no one else seems to have noticed that the heating in the room has been switched off.

However, upon arriving home this afternoon there was a definite chill in the house. I decided that it was time for the heating. So I walked around the house and turned on all the radiators, turned up the thermostat, drained the air out of the heated towel rail and pressed the heating switch on the controls. Not long after the radiators were warm and the chill of the house dissipated.

I guess it's now autumn. Hopefully me switching on the heating will challenge the weather gods to rustle up a last minute Indian summer.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?