Public Speaking

I have seen many a confident person reduced to a quivering wreck when having to stand in front of a audience of people and give a speech. It is quite remarkable the effect that this activity can have on a person.

http://talknerdy2me.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/microphone.jpg

Physiologically why it should have such a powerful reaction on a person is a little mysterious to me. The adrenaline flows, the mouth goes dry, the shaking starts and the guts contract.

For others the opposite is true. Some people become über confident revelling in the challenge of conveying their point in a concise, informative and witty manner.

The classic advice given to a person about to deliver an oratory in front of an audience is to imagine that said audience naked. I can think of many situations where this would not be good advice at all, I won't outline them here, I'll let you compile your own personal list. Just to say in most situations I might find speaking to room of naked people slightly off putting, especially if the room was cold!

I'm writing this entry tonight in the fifteen minute before I have to stand and present to a mixed audience. I have considered what I want to say but will stand with no notes, I have a brief presentation, as I feel my delivery will be more natural if I ad lib my way through it. I am confident that I will get my point across.

My advice, just be yourself, it seems to work for Boris.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?