The Perfect Brew..

I love a cup of the old char but I have to admit that I very rarely finish the whole cup. I am also not one of those people that always have to have a brew on the go.

When at work I often make a cup, it is then too hot to drink so I leave the tea bag in and due to the nature of my job may not get back to the drink until 2 hours later. By that time the tea has stewed so much that the tea bag seems to stick in the fluid as it is pulled out, the temperature is cold and the tannin leaves a film on ones teeth but I'm usually so thirsty I still drink it.

I did read a summary of some research that apparently reported that well stewed tea reduces the chance of cancer so at least there is some good news.

Personally I like a cup of tea that has been left for just the right amount of time so that it is only just cool enough to drink down in one. This is tough to judge, the time it needs to be left is affected by many independent variables including, ambient temperature, surface area of mug, volume of tea and milk and whether the tea bag has been left in or removed.

I made a cup of tea before writing today's entry and I am hoping that right now the tea will have reached the perfect temperature. Here goes...

Perfect. Just perfect, although I have to report spilling a few drops down my shirt. Still it will wash out.


(Can you see the tea stain?)
That cup was made with one tea bag in a 300ml cup. Water boiled and poured straight from the kettle. Milk added and tea bag left in. Tea left to cool for ten minutes. The tea bag is still in the cup. I need to remember to remove it before putting it in the dishwasher.

 

Comments

  1. Mr Vogue, you have just given me my 503rd reason not to drink the filth. Coffee it's the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apolgies, please read: Coffee. It's the future.

    Prosecco, however, apparently isn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?