Wildlife, where is it all?

A friend of mine a few weeks ago asked a good question, in fact a very good question...why if there are so many birds in the world do you not see any dead ones?

I have considered this question a lot since it was posed and you know it is a tricky one to answer.

This week I have seen some dead animals, a fox, a badger and a frog but no dead birds. The last time I saw a live fox was last week, a frog back in the summer and I have never seen a live badger in the wild. But I have seen dead ones. Conversely I have seen literally a hundred birds this week but no dead ones. It has to be said that this is a bit of a conundrum.

Now often with these kind of questions someone has asked them before and the question has been addressed by the RSPB http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/expert/previous/deadbirds.aspx

The answer sounds plausible but I think that maybe they are beamed up by aliens that like to eat bird pie.

Any other theories anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?