Damn bugs

It is not often that I have a day off work. I usually try to make it in when I'm feeling unwell. I find that once I get started on the day I usually feel better. Today has been different and forgive me if my entry today is rather short. I felt pretty rough yesterday afternoon and retired to bed with a lemsip at 8.30.

My nose was running so much that at one stage I had to stick a tissue up one nostril to soak up the continuous moisture that seemed to be leaking out. This is of course something I would only do in the privacy of my own bedroom...need to maintain standards at all other times, not the best look. I slept badly and awoke feeling rubbish.

http://www.erkbiz.com/commoncold/images/rhinovirusscope.jpg


I decided to get up and make an effort to get ready for work but today I just felt too rubbish and pathetic.

It's amazing to think that little 'things', nothing more than a chemical wrapped inside another chemical 'box' can trigger these symptoms and of course the symptoms are designed to allow the pesky virus particles to spread to a new victim. Even when feeling rubbish I am in awe of the design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?