Pass me a jumper please.

http://www.freefoto.com/images/16/04/16_04_18---Frosty-Leaves_web.jpg

It felt wintry today and I have felt cold all day, in fact I've felt cold since yesterday.

Yesterday the Sun was shining in a slightly misty sky and the air felt crisp and clear so I decided that it was time for me to finally get around to that most autumn of jobs the raking of the leaves. All was going well the raking of the leaves into piles was keeping me warm but then I had to put the leaves in the recycling bin. This was when I first felt the cold of winter. Some parts of the lawn had been unexposed from direct sunlight and the leaves from these areas were still covered in frost. When I scooped up the leaves, in my gloveless hands, it was lie putting them into a bucket of ice. By the time I had finished my hands felt, well, I couldn't feel them. It was like being transported back to being a twelve year old trying to do my buttons up on my school shirt after being forced to play rugby in a snowstorm. It took a while for my fingers to regain their feeling, but the rest of me was toasty. My core was warm.

Today though was another matter. Today, whatever I did, I just couldn't get warm. After driving to work and standing outside for twenty minutes I found that someone had turned off the radiators in the room I would be working in for the morning. The room was freezing. I scrabbled around on the floor turning them back on but the room didn't really warm up over the next couple of hours and I definitely didn't.

In fact even though I'm now at home and writing this lying on my bed I am still feeling a little chilly...I might have to grab a blanket...does that mean I'm getting old?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?