The top toy...

As readers of my blog will know I am a middle aged man. When I was a kid I loved Lego. In my youth there were no film tie-ins and fancy sets however there was space Lego. This consisted of ground control, spaceships and importantly different characters wearing coloured uniforms, gold, blue, white and red.

Lego is genius. It can be simple or complicated. Cheap or expensive. It engages in the building of the model and then the model itself becomes the toy. After it has been played with it can be dismantled and then built again or indeed a new model can be constructed.

My son loves Lego and this is fully encouraged by me. His current interest is anything linked to Star Wars Lego. I have to admit that I covet his Lego models and would really like to build them myself on my own, not with him.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sMm9o5bKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've always wanted to build the Millenium Falcon Lego model. It looks awesome. Unfortunately it is a little self indulgent. It's huge, expensive and I'm a grown up.

But take a look at how cool it is and just how many pieces. Who wouldn't want this? It is the perfect toy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj90p-liC-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?