Roald Dahl

Just recently I have been reliving many of Roald Dahl's classic children's stories. It reminded me of when I was young and made me really consider which of these stories is actually my favourite.

It comes down to a choice of two I think. Firstly there is The Twits. I love the characters of Mr and Mrs Twit. I love that they liked to pay horrible tricks on each other. The glass eye at the bottom of the beer mug is just classic, but totally trumped by the worms in the spaghetti. I always wanted to know if it actually was possible to add tiny pieces of wood to a walking stick and make someone believe that they are shrinking!! I've read it many times and each time I think it's mischievous humour is truly captivating.


 

However my favourite book is Fantastic Mr Fox. I really like the idea of this family of foxes and their assorted friends living their lives in an underground city with tunnels leading to the different farmers stores of food and cider. Such an inventive idea.

To be fair I have read most all of the well known Roald Dahl's children stories and I have enjoyed them all bar one. I find the BFG impossible to read. It is full of nonsense words and I struggle to read them. I have never managed to finish it.

What are your favourites?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?